1) I am saving money. LOTS of it. I don’t have to spend money on pedis, manis and all that extras like new outfits when I have dates...trying to impress some ridiculous bama who doesn’t care less. Furthermore, dudes expect YOU to come out the pocket a lot. And while I don’t mind doing that eventually...as we get to know each other...I don’t like doing that off the bat. Period. I’m old-fashioned. I can save money on my damn groceries cause your pooh butt ass won’t be sitting on my couch, eating my damn snacks.
2) Men don’t want to date me because I have no car. In this city, that's a requirement. I keep bringing it up (I know you are tired of hearing it) but I get tired of dudes saying I live so far (yet I live 6 miles from downtown..THEY live far). They are used to girls meeting them in places for dates and etc. Coming to THEIR house (which I wouldn’t do IF I had a car). That's cool. By the time I get a car next semester *crossing fingers*, I won’t even want to meet anyone or go anywhere but home and class *smh* But long gone are the days when a man met you at the door. Guys have told me girls don’t even want to come to a man's door...they'll wait in the car until you are ready to go.
3) Men expect sex off the bat and I'm just not that interested in sex to even want it from some new, stranger person. I just don’t want to get to know anyone's likes or dislikes...or have then fuck up my mood w/ their lack of skills.
4) Aesthetics are still important. This is "Black Hollywood" I'm not built like a Magic City Dancer. I'm rather boxy if I say so myself, but I'm OK with me (until I get this cash to have plastic surgery).....you got to accept me for who I am RIGHT NOW. Men I think are rather turned off. And if some like 18 year old fools out in public can LOUDLY say within earshot "She got a big stomach" or "She ain't got no ass"....then obviously it's an issue. If I go out with my friend who's face isn’t all that, but her ass is huge...of COURSE she gets more attention than I do. Fine dudes trying to holler.........I'm just sitting there. Oh well. I can’t change who I am (again...until I get some surgery). Brothers are not big fans of boobs....they just aren’t. White guys, if I could find one, would love them. I have natural hair. I def am not changing that. And if a comedian on twitter can say stuff like "Who told women that nappy headed was sexy?" or Steve Harvey can tell a chick she won’t get a man w/ natural hair… then there is some truth to men not digging the natural hair. You need the weave done, hair long, silky (real or not), tons of makeup, lots of nails done, lashes on...body like a Luke dancer....stilettos on in the club. I don’t have all of that. I do my thing but I’m def not over the top with it.
5) No man will understand why my mother and I are so close...why relationship with my family is important…why I would rather hang w/ her than anyone else... Or why I'm not angry about being divorced. Men are baffled that I'm not angry. *smh* I don’t have time to live like that
6) The excuse of being in school is perfect for me. It makes me realize that I don’t have time...and I don’t want to make time. You do need a supportive partner and I don't see some new dude being that. AND...I've been in school 2 weeks...and aside from the scrawny bama I see every day in the Law Building...all the brothers are too young.
Yep..that's it so far. I'm sure there will be a Part II to this....